Cyber liability insurance can protect your agency network.
With the rise of technology comes a growing risk of data breaches and cyber liability lawsuits. While you may think your computers are safe behind locked doors, this is entirely a costly misconception that many in the agency network industry make.
What’s the Risk?
Skilled hackers and crackers are now able to tap into devices within seconds, gaining instant access to sensitive data, emails, online bank accounts, employee records – the lot. The more you rely on your smartphone, tablet, and computers to store information digitally, the more vulnerable you, your agency, and the data.
As an insurance agency, you hold sensitive information from clients. From Social Security numbers to employee data, your business is responsible for safeguarding plenty of important data. If that information falls into the wrong hands, you could lose the business of your clients and the trust of employees.
How Can I Implement Security?
- On computers and all phones, enable a PIN code that must be entered at start-up.
- Set another passcode or PIN that must be used to access private folders or software.
- Use secure apps and folders with an added key lock code or encryption software for extremely sensitive data.
- Teach employees to never click on suspicious links or open up emails that look like spam.
- Never save login information on bank account apps or Payroll.
- Safeguard client’s information by only allowing certain access.
- Limit the number of people who can access important data.
- Take out Cyber Liability Insurance!
Insurance agencies deal with client’s private information, which is highly targeted by the cyber thieves of the common day. With the proper solutions in place, you’re in a good position to grow! For more tips on agency network solutions, contact the professionals at Advantage Partners Network today!